Wednesday, January 18, 2012

On SOPA

Copyrights are under fire! The whole fucking world is going to blow up if you don't give the U.S. government control of your freedom of speech and expression!!  Lucky for us some people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about are fixing this problem with the SOPA and PIPA. Thanks U.S. politicians for giving us this protection. Is there any way we can repay you? Any chance I can let you nail me right where you're nailing my fucking rights to free speech.

These Acts suck fucking ass. You could learn more about them easily but the good people at Wikipedia, among others, have blacked out their sites in protest. These policies will "protect" copyrights by either taking the site that engage in unlicensed distribution. As an example if I wanted to put up a blog post like:

"Miami Vice the movie sucked fucking balls. It was boring as shit!

Image Detail"

That would be against the law because I used a copyrighted poster for the film. "Okay", you say, "So just say that sucks and don't use the picture." Of course I reply, "Fuck you, I also wouldn't be able to criticize the copyrighted work that appears on other political sites. I might not be able to express myself when I write:
                                                                                                   
So, people in the U.S. government wants to take control of content on the Internet. We all know how good it is to let the government take control of the freedom of speech, right Germany?

Image Detail

On the chance that the picture above it copyrighted I would be violating these laws. Political and religious groups could also use these laws to block sites that republish writing they would like to keep from the public eye.

If you don't give a fuck about the freedom of speech or expression then let me tell you this. It takes a lot to block an internet address without fucking everything up. The shit they would do would open up holes in the Internet that could allow hackers to river dance through the place with all the grace of a bull in a fucking China shop.

Don’t just go with my word. Do your own research. Save yourselves! Write a representative. A least tell them “This shit is fucking shit!”

Protect your fucking rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment